Monday, March 16, 2009

Persistence

Yay! I've been corresponding with both my rehab doc and the woman who trains PTs to use microcurrent nationwide.  Both have agreed to teach my two precautions: 1) when you reach your goal, STOP and 1) If there is any decrease in strength, STOP.
As I explained to them, there is no cost to them in teaching these precautions. They should apply to any treatment -- not just microcurrent. All drugs have side effects. All foods have people who are allergic to them. And microcurrent is not problem free.
After the usual spate of hems and haws, and "there must be something wrong with you's," they agreed.

Next stop, Dell.  I just finished a 5-hour fight with Dell on the phone to get them to take back a computer that arrived with some serious problems.  Now, I want Dell to pay me for my time on the phone with them, doing their tests. Why should I do this free?  Why should my client pay me for what was Dell's problem.  They shipped the defective computer. They insisted on doing 5 hours of tests and reinstalling the operating system. They should have agreed to take the computer back immediately. I'm not on Dell's payroll, but I should be, since I just did their work. It would have been cheaper for them to send out a new one in the first place. They are the ones who refused to do that. 

Warning -- if you get a defective computer -- demand to talk to as many supervisors as it takes -- do not waste your time trying to fix it. Demand a replacement -- not a visit by a technician with a new mother board. And insist that they replace the computer without wasting your time. You do not work for the computer manufacturer. The Dell advertising implies you can send back the computer for any reason at all.  I'd say not working properly is a good reason, and Dell should not argue, let alone waste customer and tech-people time.

No comments:

Post a Comment