Friday, May 1, 2009

Waterboarding and Neti Pots

Last night after my yoga class, one of the other students mentioned that a local man has offered to be waterboarded for charity -- at $1000 a minute.  And he's looking for other volunteers. After the initial shock wore off, I asked, "Does anybody know if waterboarding is very different from using a neti pot?"  At first the other students chuckled nervously.  But most of us use neti pots.  A neti pot is a small tea-pot shaped device that you fill with warm salt water and pour in one nostril and let it drain out the other.  It takes some getting used to.  I love mine -- it washes pollen out of my nose so I  don't have to sneeze and tear up with allergies. 
I don't usually do this -- you can check my blogs -- I rarely endorse anything.  My neti pot is made of stainless steel so I can take it with me anywhere and not worry about breaking it. Most of them are china or brittle plastic. I got it at www.healthandyoga.com  If you decide to try one, they will give your money back if you don't decide to keep it.  If you decide to buy one from them, please say that you were sent by tikkun@simegen.com -- this will get you a 5% discount, and it will give a commission to a friend of mine.  And if you know anybody who has tried both -- waterboarding and a neti pot, please comment on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment