Friday, July 17, 2009

Maybe I'm a Table

I looked over the home care instructions from the hospital. While I was in their care for 6 days, they asked me several times a day how tall I am and what I weigh. I guess they didn't listen. I'm 5 feet 2 inches tall. That's 62 inches for folks who don't like to think about feet. On their records, I'm 61 centimeters tall. That's 24 inches, or for folks who do like feet, that's 2 feet tall. And they think I weigh 135 lbs. That's about 20 lbs more than I really weigh. So, maybe they were describing the table they had me lying on. But they think I need to lose weight, and if I smoke, they think I should stop. They had me under constant observation for 6 days and they don't know if I smoke? Maybe they paid no more attention to me than they do to a table.

I also looked at the instructions for taking the drugs. They sent me home with 3 drugs. Drug A is to be taken 45 minutes before Drug B. I'm supposed to take Drug A every 12 hours. I'm supposed to take Drug B 4 times a day. And I'm supposed to take Drug C when I'm in pain.

Tables don't take drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment