Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sedona Method Day #36 - raspberry chocolate chip cookies

Yesterday, my husband, the alien, went to the corner store for milk. He also bought raspberries. The corner store has an inconsistent quality in the fruit department. I suspect that alien smell-sensors aren't as sensitive as human ones. The raspberries were sour.

I love raspberries. We have a raspberry patch in our yard. We have left raspberry patches in the yards of most of the homes we have ever lived in. There had to be some way to enjoy these raspberries!

Then my alien said he'd really like some chocolate chip cookies. I asked if he'd mind if I put the raspberries into the cookie dough.

It was a go! You have to expect that I don't make ordinary chocolate chip cookies. I use whole wheat flour. I leave out about 1/3 of the sugar. I use Celtic sea salt which I taste test in increments. And I leave a good chunk of the dough raw for alien snacks.

I think we just invented a new family favorite. If the corner store sells you sour raspberries, make raspberry chocolate chip cookies.

What has this got to do with Sedona Method? It's the attitude. Is there something good that can come from this?


No comments:

Post a Comment