Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jobs for the Enlightened

I've been wondering what sort of jobs enlightened people could do. The ones we usually bump into are the ones who want to teach other people to be enlightened. I suppose if they feel called to do that, it's what they must do.

People have teased me that as a computer repair person, I spend more time on my knees than a nun. But my purpose is purely practical. Computers and their wires are on the floor and I'm not strong enough yet to lift them.

The cashier at the local veggie shop has taken a new job as a receptionist downtown. When she was the cashier she gave an aura of peace to the veggie shop. She made buying veggies feel like it was more than a transaction -- cash for lettuce or grapefruits. This food was going to be part of my body. I was going to carry its molecules around with me, integrate them into my life. I would slice them and chew them, digest them, and excrete them. She was going to make sure I felt the preciousness of each bite. The way she handled them as she rang them up, the way she touched the keys on the register, as if they were sacred implements.

Experiencing her checkout got me wondering what other jobs an enlightened person could do. I doubt they could be effective politicians. But they could be soldiers. I don't think an enlightened person sees death with any fear or loathing. I don't think an enlightened person could do a job where there are lots of rules that keep them from helping people. It would be sensible for them to be entertainers in any medium. And in any service job. But ultimately, in its finest form, politics is service.

I'm not enlightened. I was just wondering what it would be like. And if it would make any difference in my daily life.

8 comments:

  1. Take it not from me, but by the truth that you feel.

    All of us are already enlightened, the process of getting there is one of realization of what already is, because it's all there. =)

    Though still I would like to know as well, what job would be well suited one that is enlightened. Seems you knew more about that than I did, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could see everything that is there, because there is nowhere God is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Soul Brother, God is the perceiver and we are the perceived .That why perceived and can never be the perceiver of his own perceiver.
      In other words; to know or understand God fully we will have to become more comprehensive than God to absorb him completely, which is not possible.

      Delete
  3. The job of an enlightened being is to keep on seeking the truth. People will come to you in search of answers and the words you give will just come. Give others the seeds of thought so that they may also become seekers. It is the best gift anyone can give. Keep your intentions true and heart pure and the universe will give you what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great question and thoughts Geezer Chick. Have you had any more insights on jobs for the enlightened? I need some more ideas. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, my latest thoughts on the subject are simply that we must be kind to each other, and help each other.

      Delete
  5. Daniel, I agree, the seeking is a fine adventure.

    ReplyDelete