Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Eventually Pain Free

This is a one-week update. At my last physical therapy appointment, Young PT recommended Pete Egoscue's Pain Free method. Young PT said Egoscue was badly wounded in Vietnam and went on a quest to restore his health.

Since I've worked with 3 different PTs, and I still had the sensation of a knife in my left hip socket, I was willing to try anything. The fact that Young PT's work had alleviated the pain for a few hours after several visits gave me hope. The pain doesn't have to be permanent if it can stop even for a moment -- so says my wishful thinking.

The thing is that the pain always came back. I wanted something I could do myself, something that would have longterm results.

Egoscue's system of exercises and stretches has a good reputation. I bought the DVD.

Egoscue: Pain Free Workout Series Vol. 1 and 2 (2 DVD Set)


This is a quick report. The stretches hurt. I can't do them as well as the woman on the DVD. But the coach on the DVD says repeatedly, "Total health is cumulative." And after 4 days, the knife sensation in my hip stopped. I have done the DVD for 7 days now. I have not felt that knife for 3 days. My pain level has gone down from a 10 to a 9. This is amazing. I'm sore. I still have difficulty with yoga poses like triangle and warrior. But the knife is gone! The DVDs say Pain Free on them. My husband, the alien, suggests I rename the DVDs Eventually Pain Free.

Yay! Yay! The knife is gone. Wicked old knife. Mean old knife! Yay! Yay! The knife is gone! If I have to spend 30 minutes every morning doing these exercises for the rest of my life, it will be time well spent.

As usual, if you buy from the link above, my friends at Simegen will get a commission. This is an unpaid, unsolicited endorsement.

1 comment:

  1. "Ding, dong, the knife is gone! (Which old knife? The WICKED knife!) Ding, dong, the wicked knife is gone..." Oh, GC, I am so happy for you! Yay is right!

    ReplyDelete