Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Husband is Sleeping Through the Night

I thought about writing an ode, but this information is too important to wait until I count syllables and perfect the meter.  My husband, the alien, is sleeping through the night. This is not just since his escape from the hospital. He’s sleeping through the night for the first time in years.  


He’s had to get up to urinate several times in the middle of the night for longer than I’d like to record.  When the hospital let him loose, he had urinary retention and didn’t have any sensation when he was full.  The doctors said part of his problem was his enlarged prostate, which is normal in men over 60.  They put him on Flomax and then Rotoflo. Their drugs weren’t helping.


So, off to the web.  I found http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-pygeum.html


Pygeum is available at most health food stores and online.  Within days of starting to take 2 capsules a day, my husband was able to empty his bladder, and he’s sleeping through the night.  He still has plenty of healing to do.  Sleeping will help him do that.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Now I am jealous. What I wouldn’t give to sleep through the night!

    Is Still Here
    www.survivingsurvivial.com

    ReplyDelete