Friday, April 15, 2011

More Stuff I Learned This Week

1) YourDigitalLife.com is a good website for learning about how to give your online materials to your heirs.  Yes, they have a book, too.


2) Speaking of books, the 39 Clues series that Scholastic invented to try to duplicate the Harry Potter income stream, is more of a story version of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?  On that level it is fun to talk about with children or grandchildren. And, as a bonus, it helps cheer up my husband, the alien, who has been in a gloom.  He loves reading the different voices out loud.


3) My surgeon cleared me for riding my bike, swimming and using the eliptical at the gym. I rode my bike to the gym today and managed 4 minutes on the eliptical before the pain kicked in.  Tomorrow I’m going to swim.


4) I thought the meeting with my surgeon was going really well until he said that my right hip, the good one, the one that was not hit by the car, is probably going to need to be replaced in about 10 years.   NOOOOO!  I don’t want to go through this again!  Right now, that hip is causing me no problems.  If there is anything I can do to keep my original equipment, I’m going to do it.


5) CVS Pharmacy has a good deal if you like to re-use your own cloth bags.  They’ll sell you a tag for $1 that you can put on your bag. Every time you use your bag, you swipe that tag and your Red CVS card on the self-service check-out scanner, along with your items.  Every 4 times you do this, you get a coupon for $1 good on your next purchase an CVS.  I never win anything at Trader Joe’s where I fill out silly tickets for bringing my own bag. This is a winner every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment