Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Children Say the Funniest Things


Children say the funniest things.  Even children in their 40's.

My Republican son-in-law had bet several friends $100 each that Romney would win by a landslide.  

When he had to pay up, he paid in $1 dollar bills, and he brought puzzles for his friends’ children.  He told his friends that after their children solved the puzzles, they had to say, “You didn’t build that.”

It was hard to not to giggle.  He seemed so serious, so proud of himself.

I said, “They didn’t build that all by themselves.”

My son-in-law looked at me as if he was working very hard to remain polite.  So, I pressed my advantage.

I said, “Somebody designed that puzzle. Somebody manufactured it. Somebody sold it. You bought it. You brought it to the children.  They were part of the process – they solved the puzzle. It took a lot of people to make that possible.”

I’ll give my son-in-law credit.  He dropped the argument and changed the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment