Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Vote for the Delegates

I’ve been excited about this Presidential election.  For the first time in many years, a candidate who has a chance of winning is saying what needs to be said.  Yay, Bernie!

I’ve been giving out literature telling people where and when their polling place is open.

Only yesterday, I learned that pressing the button beside Bernie’s name isn’t enough.

In addition to voting for Bernie, I need to vote for delegates to go to the National Democratic Convention.

Philadelphia PA gets 10 delegates.  The ballot listed 6 Bernie delegates and 10 Hillary delegates, plus 1 Hillary alternate. Since it is unlikely that either candidate will get more than 60% of the vote, voting for 6 is enough.  But it looks like voting for the delegates is more important than voting for the candidate, since they will cast the votes at the convention where the decision will be made.

I see no sense in this extra layer of voting.  Since it exists, I see no sense in keeping it a secret.  I’m one of those people who never read the agreements when I install software on my computer. I just agree to whatever it says.  When I actually have a choice, I want to know the full meaning of all the fine print.

Vote for the delegates.

No comments:

Post a Comment