Thursday, June 16, 2016

Acting Mature

I recently read an article claiming that choosing to act mature was far more useful than self-inquiry. It first that seemed like a disconnect.
The more I thought about it, the more I remembered that the thing I like about "enlightened" or "wise" people is how mature they are. They don't anger easily.
And what is it that I find when I do self-inquiry?  I find all the things that bug me, all the things that prove I'm not mature.
So, choosing to act mature seems like a logical first step to becoming mature.
If practicing maturity brings the results I want, then that is a step towards outgrowing the immature responses that don't get the results I want.
And if it doesn't, I don't see any negatives. Acting immature doesn't work, so why not try acting mature?

No comments:

Post a Comment